Friends Group to accept book donations by appointment only.
Book Sale planned for September 18, 2021!
Friends of the Pinckney Library are pleased to announce that they will soon be accepting donations of your gently used books and media items for their book sale planned for September 18, 2021. Due to limitations of storage space and volunteer time, donations will be by appointment only starting mid-August. Sign up will be available through the library or Facebook as exact times are yet to be determined: please watch for upcoming posts. We ask that you limit donations to three boxes per appointment. The Friends would like to express their thanks and appreciation to all the supporters, donors, shoppers, and volunteers who have been asking about donations and sales. As with all library events, the sale is dependent on Health Department guidelines. We look forward to seeing you again!
email us at: Friendsofpinckneylibrary@gmail.com
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm
at the Pinckney Community Public Library.
Stop by and see what we’re all about!
Friends of the Pinckney Community Public Library
The Friends of the Pinckney Library is a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to serving the Library and the Pinckney Community. Being a Friend allows you to become involved in your library in many ways and to share your ideas and talents!
The PCPL Friends Group is a significant partner for many of the library’s programs including the Library After Hours, Youth Summer Reading and other Children’s programs. We’ve purchased books and other materials and started the library’s music collection. The Friends have funded the Wall Street Journal for the library and the database NEWSBANK. We are members of the Michigan Friends of the Library.
The Friends are proud to be the recipient of the Elaine R. Irvin Friends Award, given by the Metro Detroit Book and Author Society in 2013 & 2014.
We exist to expand and improve library services and to stimulate community interest in the library.
Top 10 Reasons to Join The PCPL Friends Group
10. Sets a good example for your children.
9. You can help shape the future of YOUR library!
8. You love fundraising.
7. You have been to library programs, belong to the Thursday knitting group, bring the children in your life to story time and love the Livingston Reads Program!
6. You get early access to book sale materials.
5. FUN, FUN, FUN for the whole family!
4. Meetings are only once a month. The first Thursday of every month at 7:00 in the library’s board room.
3. New to the area and want to meet people in your community with the same interests…the library, books, family and more!
2. It’s inexpensive. Single dues are only $10.00 per year. Dues for families are only $20.00 per year.
1. Everyone needs a FRIEND and the Friends need you. We are a small, but dedicated group who want to expand. We need your ideas, opinions and support.
Membership Information and Benefits
Single Friends Membership
$10.00 per year (includes 1 membership card)
Family Friends Membership
$20.00 per year (includes cards for all immediate family members)
There are wonderful services available to you at the library.
It exists for you!
Please come help in supporting our library and it’s mission
of serving our community.